Friday, August 7, 2009

Bathtime Fun

Both of the boys really enjoy playing in the bathtub. The other night when we went upstairs for bath time they were both trying to crawl in before I even had a chance to get their clothes off. It is hard to bathe them by myself, but I have a whole system down now that makes it easier for me. I grab 2 clean diapers and their towels and we all move into the bathroom like a herd of turtles. I start the water running in the bath and put in a few bubbles and their toys. It occupies them so I can get the first baby undressed and into the tub. By the time I have the second baby undressed, the tub is full and I turn off the water. I let them play with their bath toys while I spread towels on the floor to catch all the water they splash and I get their towels ready for when they get out of the bath. Jack's favorite thing to do in the bath is throw all of the bath toys onto the floor. James mostly just likes to splash and play in the water.



I wash each of them and let them play with their toothbrushes to "brush" their teeth. I always wash Jack's hair first and then James. They both like to "help" wash their hair and they love when we rinse because they like to drink the water I dump over their heads. By this time they are getting tired and I get Jack out of the bath first. I pull the stopper so the water starts running out of the tub and do a quick dry so I can get his diaper on. Then Jack sits and brushes his teeth some more while I get his brother out of the tub. I get James diaper on and then we are on to the next task.

They are pretty good now about following directions so I lift them over the gate and tell them to crawl into their room which they usually do without a problem. Once we are all back in their room I get them each into their pajamas. While they are on the changing table I finish brushing their teeth, clean their ears and comb their hair. I try to do James first since he is a little calmer about all of it and then I lay him down. Then I go through the same routine with Jack while James lays in his crib and talks to us. Once Jack is done I put him down in his crib with his penguin and turn on their music for the night. James will lay there and talk for a few minutes and Jack will cry for a minute or two while he plays and usually by the time I am done cleaning up the bathroom for the night they are asleep.


Jack Playing before bed

James talking to his brother before falling asleep


And for my Aunt Julie who will notice the cut on his chin, that is what happens when you try to crawl too fast and wipe out on the air vent. At least the biting has let up so he doesn't currently have any dental impressions from his brother.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go girl!!! I am sooo proud of you! Those boys are so lucky to have such an organized mom!! Thanks for the video, it helps to feel a little closer. Love you!!