Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Adventures at the Park

So a few weekends ago we took the boys to the park for the first time ever. It was a nice day and since the boys were going stir crazy in the house (or was that the parents?) we had to get out. We loaded them up and off we went. We had never been to the park in town before and we were pleased to discover that our tax dollars are paying for a pretty nice set-up. I was glad that there were 2 baby swings and this is where we started.




The boys really enjoyed swinging and were thrilled to stare at the ground. I'm not sure what was so fascinating about it but they wouldn't even look up for a picture.



After swinging for awhile we decided that they should try to experience the rest of the play things at the park as well. We made our way over to the play structure which James hated and Jack loved. I think James didn't like the idea of being very high off the ground. Jack on the other hand wanted to climb all over it like a little monkey! After a short amount of time on the structure we made our way over to the sandbox. We were feeling brave I guess. The boys weren't quite sure what to do at first and were really apprehensive about touching the sand. It took them awhile to warm up to it, but once they realized that they could make a mess they were happy to play. There were some toys that were already there and the boys quickly got the hang of flinging sand. I'm glad we were the only ones there because I'm sure it would have been an issue if there were other kids around. All in all we had a good day and I think this will be added to our rotation of stuff for the boys to do on the weekends.



Mostly I was impressed that I got them to keep their shoes on until we were in the sandbox....

No comments: