Thursday, July 30, 2009

When we went on Vacation

So back in May a certain special cousin of mine graduated from High School. We loaded up the boys for their first real vacation. Traveling to southern Georgia we assumed that as in years past it would be hot and humid and we would have the opportunity to play in the pool and get out and see some sights. Instead it rained. The entire time. It was so fun though to see family that doesn't live close by and being able to share in such a special time with Joanna.




Joanna has a special bond with my boys. She was here last summer when they were born and saw them for the first time when they were just a few hours old. She spent nights at our house and logged MANY hours the first couple of weeks giving us lots of help with our 2 tiny babies.



I know that she and the boys will always have a special relationship because of this. She even got up super early during her summer vacation while we were there, just so she could sit with the boys.


It is always exciting when we travel with family. In addition to Matt, myself and the boys we rode in the car with my mom and dad. My Uncle Rick and cousin Charles drove down with my Aunt Susan. My Grandma and my mom's cousin Kathy flew. My Uncle Gil and Aunt Teresa live in Georgia and so do my cousin Cara and her family and cousin Nicole and her family. We stayed with Aunt Julie, Uncle Jerry and Joanna, Josh and Jordan. All in all there were a bunch of us there and it wasn't even half of my extended family.


We had a ton of fun and the boys really enjoyed playing with everyone. Josh introduced all of us to the joys of playing Rock Band and Matt and Charles went for an extended ride in the countryside with Josh as a guide.


I think James favorite part of vacation was the ice cream he had at the Calico Cat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww... I love you, Rach!! Give the boys kisses for me!
~Jo

Unknown said...

OK, now I'm crying!! You know how much we loved having you here. That's the only thing that could make living here better would be to have my family all here too. We will never forget graduation and I know that will be a special memory for Jo! And yes, I think she will always have a special bond with the boys, just like I will always have a special place in my heart for you. I love you Rachel! Give the boys big loud kisses from Aunt Julie!

Randi said...

Aww I love this blog (all of the entries)! I wanna play Rock Band!