Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bedtime Antics

So those of you who know us, know that the boys sleep fairly well at night. But now we're having problems. For the last few nights one or the other of them tries to keep their brother awake. Last night Jack kept throwing his penguin into his brothers crib to keep him awake. This would have been fine except Jack would scream since his beloved penguin was now residing with his brother. Mommy came to the rescue 3 times before she came up with the brilliant idea to put them both into the same crib. The boys were happy. They laid down and were babbling happily at each other and I had great visions of them drifting off into dreamland.




A bit later I realized it was quiet and I decided to peek my head in to see if everything was okay. As soon as I looked through the crack in the door I could see that they were both sitting up in the crib. Jack was playing with a cup. I started wondering where on earth did he get this cup. I took a step into the room and realized right away that someone needed a diaper change. As I stepped over to the crib to see who was the culprit, I realized that they were playing with a diaper. I flipped the lights on and quickly realized that they were in deep sh**......literally. They had somehow managed (FROM THE CRIB!!!!!) to get the lid off the trash can and pull out dirty diapers and an empty McDonald's cup. They had manged to get the diapers apart and were now playing with the contents in their crib, 2 hours past their bedtime. I was livid......and they could tell because as soon as they saw me, they both laid right down to pretend they were sleeping. Thank goodness it was only in the one crib. They both went into Jack's crib while I cleaned up the mess. But what a surprise, they went right to sleep after that. If only it didn't take a night of playing in poop to get them to sleep.

No comments: