Monday, October 19, 2009

My Little Helpers

In case you didn't know, I have family all over the country. That's what happens when your parents come from big families. My mom comes from a family of 7 kids, so my Grandma spends a lot of time traveling to various destinations to spend time with her kids and grandkids. She stopped by our house for dinner last week and dropped off a suitcase for me. I'm filling it with clothes that I no longer wear so Grandma can take them with her to Georgia this week. Even with what the airlines charge, it's cheaper to check a second suitcase than to ship a big box full of clothes and I know they will have a nice new home in the south.
The suitcase has been sitting next to my front door for a few days and the boys didn't really bother it too much. Sure they liked to chew on the zipper pulls a bit, but nothing too destructive which is a big step in the right direction if you ask me. Since Matt needed to sleep for awhile yesterday afternoon (that's what happens when you've been up for 24 hours) I thought it would be a good time to fill the suitcase. I carried all the clothes downstairs to the living room and moved the suitcase to the middle of the floor. It was at this point that the boys decided it would make a really nice seat while watching inappropriate adult tv shows with mom (as in 8 Simple Rules with John Ritter which is HILARIOUS.....but not really a kid show).


At this point nothing was even in the suitcase yet, so when they sat on it, it got a little crushed. Together they weigh a total of 43 pounds and I don't think this suitcase was made to hold that kind of weight on the outside while the inside is still empty. At least they didn't break it.


Once the top was open, it was like this was the best toy ever to play with. They were in and out and in and out. It was very entertaining to watch them play and get so excited about it, but it wasn't very good for actually getting something done.





At least they were super cute while they were "helping" mommy pack the suitcase. I think Jack was trying to tell me it's time for a vacation. As for James, as long as he has his bear, he's ready to go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I smiled and laughed looking at and reading this!! It made my whole day!!!! Luv You!!